Changing attitudes about cannabis includes acknowledging that getting high is a goal for a lot of people. And what that experience ultimately looks like is often miles away from outdated snack-eating stoner stereotypes.
In reality, the wide-ranging effects possible with cannabis can help people in a lot of ways, and increasing productivity is one of them.
Wondering how to use your smoke sesh to kickstart getting stuff done?
Here’s our list of 14 productive things you can do after smoking:
- Make art. For some people, smoking weed helps relieve mental blocks and fans the flames of inspiration. Flex your creative muscles after a sesh by making music, writing, painting, or getting crafty – who knows what you’ll create!
- Clean. Cannabis can make the most boring tasks more fun, so it might be the perfect motivator for vacuuming, cleaning out the fridge, and washing dishes. Pro tip: put on a playlist to really take things up a notch. If you need some music inspiration, check out our High Note Playlists. (link to Listen page)
- Work out. From yogis to runners, people have discovered that a little cannabis before a workout can help increase focus, may improve endurance and recovery time, and make the burn feel a little more enjoyable.
- Brainstorm. The tendency for the imagination to run free after smoking cannabis makes brainstorming a super productive post-sesh activity. Grab a pen and jot down ideas for stories, the next great invention, or the week’s to-do list.
- Fold laundry. Typically one of the less exciting chores in life, folding laundry can be pretty monotonous. But adding a dash of euphoria can help make the process a touch more entertaining.
- Organize drawers. For some elevated minds, tackling a messy tool, utensil, or clothing drawer simply couldn’t be more gratifying. Whether or not you go full Marie Kondo is up to you.
- Assemble Furniture. Before tackling that IKEA project, why not get high? Not only can cannabis help you focus, it can also deliver a mental boost so that the process feels more hilarious than frustrating.
- Go for a walk. Going on a hike or walk in the neighborhood could be the perfect post-toke adventure. The euphoria might cause you to experience everything from the warmth of the sun to the quiet of your surroundings in a fresh way.
- Stretch. After sitting at a desk all week, nothing gets out the kinks like a good stretch. Having a little weed before getting out the yoga mat or foam roller can help the muscles relax, allowing you to sink into deeper, more productive stretches your body will thank you for.
- Clean out your inbox. When you’re high and feel like working on a project, direct that focus towards unsubscribing from mailing lists and finally deleting those unread emails from 2014.
- Get lost in a conversation. Some strains leave us feeling analytical, which is why going down a conversational rabbit hole is so much fun after a sesh. From venting about work to analyzing a movie to going full-on philosophical, having a stoney conversation is a like a stretch for the brain.
- Learn something new. Feeling curious after seshing? Try increasing your brain power on a subject by digging into a documentary or deep diving into a YouTube tutorial.
- Meditate. Creating space to center yourself is difficult when things are busy. That’s why we love meditating while high: because we’re already in the mindset of chilling out. Use this time to slow your breathing, decompress, and let go of stress.
- Sleep. Most of us don’t get enough sleep. For some people, having a smoke before bedtime helps relax the mind and body, allowing them to fall asleep faster, stay asleep, and feel more rested in the morning as a result.
Whatever your post-sesh activity, embrace the euphoria and let the effects take you where you want to go!
Please enjoy responsibly and always remember, driving while impaired is against the law.